MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Founded in 1920, the Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) is the oldest grassroots preservation organization in the nation. The PSC serves as a strong advocacy leader for citizens concerned about preserving Charleston’s distinctive character, quality of life, and diverse neighborhoods. The Preservation Society is located in Charleston, South Carolina, and is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
The PSC is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator (MACC), responsible for the design and management of digital and printed communications. The MACC will report directly to the Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs and work closely with the Brand Manager. This position is designed as a learning role for an early career professional interested in developing a broad range of communications and graphic design skills.
- Create a yearly communications calendar for all digital and printed communications
- Manage social media on all PSC social media platforms, and develop and execute a plan to grow the PSC’s digital audience
- Monitor social media communication trends and propose new approaches to department leads
- Develop and execute targeted online campaigns for the PSC’s Departments of Advocacy, Retail, Tours, and Advancement, under the direction of department leads
- Lead the production of graphic design needs for electronic and print materials including but not limited to: Preservation Month, Carolopolis Awards, The Preservation Society Shop, advocacy campaigns, and membership collateral
- Oversee the production of the PSC’s monthly digital e-newsletter, eProgress
- Provide support to the Brand Manager in the production of priority printed materials, such as the PSC’s magazine, Preservation Progress
- Create graphic design materials for events
- Assist the Brand Manager in media relations efforts
- Additional tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- More than two years of experience in marketing and/or communications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms, marketing campaigns, and general digital communication trends
- Familiarity or interest in urban planning and preservation
- Experience with Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and other design programs a plus
- A self-starter with enthusiasm for learning and growing professionally
This position will be required to work out of the PSC office in Charleston, South Carolina. All qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your graphic design work via email to Jessica Cutler, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2019. No telephone calls, please.