- This event has passed.
Morris Street Business District Tour
March 6 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$25
The Morris Street Business District Project, initiated by the Preservation Society of Charleston’s Thomas Mayhem Pinckney Alliance, in collaboration with the Lowcountry Digital History Initiative, highlights the rich and diverse history of Morris Street and the people who historically shaped its architectural landscape. The Morris Street Business District, a geographically small part of the Charleston peninsula, represents the stories of hundreds of Black and immigrant families, their fight for equality, and their cultural expression through the businesses and institutions they created. Join the PSC in exploring this unique historic streetscape and the compelling stories behind some of the district’s most significant sites.
Local City of Charleston licensed certified guides will lead these tours.
- Each tour will last approximately 1-2 hours and require walking several blocks, often over uneven streets; flat shoes are recommended.
- Meet promptly at 10 AM at the corner of King and Morris Streets.
- No interiors are included.
- Masks must be worn throughout the duration of the tour.
- There are no bathroom breaks.
- Bring sun hats and umbrellas – we will go rain or shine.