Fall Tours and Development Intern
preservation-admin , August 2, 2022
The Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) is looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our Development and Fall Tours team to help achieve our organizational goals. This internship program will cover a wide range of assignments, and you will be sure to walk away with a hands-on working experience in the non-profit sector, while improving your professional skills.
About the Preservation Society of Charleston
Founded in 1920, the Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) is the oldest grassroots preservation organization in the nation. The Society is dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of Charleston’s distinctive character, quality of life, and diverse neighborhoods. For more information on the Preservation Society of Charleston, visit preservationsociety.org
About the Fall Tours
Now in its 46th year, the Fall Tours serves as one of the Preservation Society’s signature annual events and offers guests unique and rare opportunities to experience first-hand Charleston’s historic architecture, distinctive landscapes, urban neighborhoods, and rich cultural heritage.
- Assist with all PSC event logistics, planning and coordination
- Attend networking and community events for PSC
- Learn and assist in the day-to-day PSC operations
- Support the Fall Tours team:
- Assist Tour Chairs with volunteer assignments and requests
- Assist in supervising volunteers, working with homeowners and delivering supplies to properties on tour
- Assist as needed in the Fall Tours ticket office selling tickets and serving guests
- Assist in daily administrative duties including answering phones, preparing mailings, making copies and performing other tasks as needed.
- Assist in distributing marketing materials
- Drafting and researching house histories
STUDENT INTERN JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Business, Administration, Event Management, Historic Preservation/Community Planning, Art History or Nonprofit Management
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel computer applications
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work 10-15 hours per week; some weekend work required. Mid-August to early November 2022.
- $3000 stipend available
- 147 King Street – Some tasks will require traveling off-site to other locations in the county to perform community outreach, attend events, homeowner deliveries
Please submit resume and a brief cover letter to: Advancement@preservationsociety.org
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Preservation Society of Charleston is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.