Part-Time Retail Associate
preservation-admin , July 11, 2022
The Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) is looking for a part-time Retail Associate to join our team. Designated as a must-see shop by Garden & Gun, Conde Nast Traveler, Town & Country, and more, The PSC Shop features the largest section of locally-made, quality products in the Charleston area. We feature such amazing local Makers as Brackish, Smithey, Burls & Steel and J. Stark.
The PSC Retail Associate will be a part-time staff member of The PSC Shop, will serve as a mission-driver and story-teller, and will create customer satisfaction with every interaction. The PSC Retail Associate will report to the Retail Manager.
About the Preservation Society of Charleston
Founded in 1920, the Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) is the oldest grassroots preservation organization in the nation. The Society is more resilient than ever as it enters its second century of recognizing, protecting, and advocating for the Lowcountry’s historic places, while serving as a strong advocacy leader for citizens concerned about preserving Charleston’s distinctive character, quality of life, and diverse neighborhoods. For more information on the Preservation Society of Charleston, please visit preservationsociety.org
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Retail Associate serves as a member of the PSC’s Retail Team and will be a representative for the entire Preservation Society of Charleston nonprofit organization. In addition to the key roles and responsibilities below, the ideal candidate will be passionate about the PSC’s mission and will be a team player who is able to perform a variety of roles.
- Provides customer service and satisfaction by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers while informing them of our mission and products
- Learns The PSC Shop’s full product portfolio and the stories behind each piece in order to recommend customers to and connect them with the right items
- Increases retail sales and product metrics to goals as outlined by the Director of Retail Operations
- Replenishes and maintains inventory and store visual presentation
- Performs cashier functions and adheres to policies related to customer transactions
- Maintains store safety and cleanliness standards on both the sales floor and stock room
- Participates in as many PSC functions as possible
- A genuine team-focused approach to work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires;
- Daily hours are 9 AM – 5:30 PM (shop is open every day 10-5)
- Weekend work is required. Evening and holiday work may be required depending on scheduling needs.
- Energetic, customer-focused and solutions-oriented
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized
- Desire to learn, in great detail, about telling the stories of our local Makers to customers
All qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email to Andy Archie, Director of Retail Operations, at email@example.com with Part time Retail Associate in the subject heading. No telephone calls, please. Do not reply via Indeed.
PSC Part-Time Employee Benefits
- Paid parking within one block of PSC shop
- Discount on all products in the shop
- Flexible hours – no preset part-time schedule
Starting Hourly Rate
$15 per hour
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Preservation Society of Charleston is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.