Read Brothers Building Hard Hat Tour
May 24 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Read Brothers Building (c. 1912), located on the corner of King and Spring streets, originally opened as the Read and Dumas five and dime store and remained the home of Read family-run businesses for over a century. In 2017, the Read Brothers’ stereo and fabric store was forced to close due to dangerous structural issues, evident by the bricks that had begun to fall from the façade. Join the PSC and local preservation and research consultant, Brittany Lavelle Tulla, to learn more about the building’s past and its ongoing restoration.
Ticket link coming soon.